Start the Story issue 2: Standalone Issue
Following feedback from our visitors we’ve decided to make each issue available as a standalone purchase for just £7.99.
This one-off fee lets you download issue 2, which features…
- Interviews, with Irish Children’s Laureate, Niamh Sharkey, tie-in fiction specialist, Cavan Scott, and The Dandy cartoonist, Andy Fanton.
- Reviews of books for all ages.
- Graphic novel recommendations.
- Six of the best sports-related books.
- How to use LEGO in plotting your stories.
- A lesson plan for our featured book, THE CLUMSIES MAKE A MESS OF THE SCHOOL.
- AXE COP, and starting your own webcomic.
- Plotting stories the BAD way.
- The two most important words in story-telling.
- How to write a Haiku.
- Why character names are so important.
- Five tips for writing description.
On top of all that we’ve got story-starters, suggested classroom writing activities and lots of other stuff, too. We’ll also be providing five pupil worksheets crammed with writing and illustration related goodness, and we’re giving away a free and exclusive “open source” action adventure novel, written by Barry Hutchison, which you are free to edit/adapt/do with as you will.
We also talk about our author directory and why we started it, and spotlight one of the authors listed within it. Oh, and we’ve got competitions, too. Four of them, in fact, with lots of lovely books as prizes.
In fact, buying the standalone issue gets you everything a subscription gets you, except access to the member’s only articles on the website.