Start the Story issue 1
Issue one of Start the Story is out now! It’s a proud moment sending our new baby out into the world, and we’d love to hear what you think. What do you like about the issue, and what do you think could be improved? We’re determined to make the magazine the absolute best it can be, so if you have any comments or suggestions, email them to us via our contact page.
But enough of that. Here’s what you’ll find in this free first issue:
- Interview with Blue Peter Award winning author, Ali Sparkes.
- Five Tips for Creating Characters your readers will love.
- Get your pupils plotting with a story “treasure map”.
- Like “Diary of a Wimpy Kid”? We’ve chosen some more you’ll enjoy.
- Six of the best crime stories for kids.
- Five pages of printable pupil worksheets.
- A review of Andy Briggs’ “Warrior Number One” plus accompanying lesson plan.
- Plus more reviews, our graphic novel round-up, competitions, story triggers, a homework exercise and more!
So what are you reading all this for? Choose your download link below and get started.
To view in your browser left-click the links. To download to your computer right-click and select “Save Target As…”
Issue one – printer friendly format (no images)
Pupil workbook – printable Word format (greyscale images)